Friday, May 7, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Since I am a math teacher, I am going to give you a little equation:

Allyson Michelle Chapman (soon-to-be Houchin) = OVERWHELMED.

Whoah. I have SO much going on right now. Can I just give you a list?
1. We have a fabulous new house that still needs some work. We are pretty dang broke thanks to this gorgeous diamond on my hand.
2. My furniture is still in my apartment in Dallas, along with my clothes, shoes and half of my life. I have to hire movers and I am dreading that... Absolutely dreading it.
3. Over 10 of my kids have to retake the TAKS test... in 10 days. Instead of spending all my time getting them ready, I still have a curriculum to teach to all of my other kids. It's stressful.
4. I have officially thrown my students into the deep end of Algebra. They are like deer in headlights and I'm driving the car.
5. We went and registered this week. It was so much fun, but also so overwhelming. The worker told us to register for at least 3 times as many items as people we are inviting to the wedding. Um, that's a lot of stuff!! We had so much trouble finding enough things (I know what you're thinking, "Cry me a river, Ally," but seriously it was hard).
6. My principal told me that she wanted me to get certified for to teach the Algebra class. And, I'm assuming that when she tells me she "wants" me to, it means that I have to. Holy crap.
7. I am also teaching summer school. I signed up because I figured I'd need something to keep me busy over the summer and want some extra cash. But now, wow... I'm going to be teaching the kids I put into summer school. Awesome.
8. I am planning a WEDDING! It is wonderful and incredible to think that I'll be married to the love of my life this fall, but it is also exhausting! There are SO many things to think about.

So, that's what's new with me. :) Busy busy little bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment